- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped serrano peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 to 4 small ripe Hass avocados, pitted (do not discard the pits)
- Empanadas, for serving
Add the cilantro, oil, onions, bell peppers, hot sauce, mustard, serrano peppers, garlic, lemon juice, salt, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and sugar to a bowl and mix with an immersion blender until the ingredients are combined but the sauce is still chunky. In a separate bowl, mash the avocados. Add to the sauce and gently combine the ingredients well.
Serve immediately with empanadas, or transfer to an airtight container with the avocado pits, to slow down oxidation of the avocados.
Photograph by Quentin Curtis Bacon
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.