Apricot Mint Chimichurri
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/4 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro stems and leaves
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon chipotle adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place the apricots and 1 teaspoon honey in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak the apricots for 10 minutes to plump. Remove the apricots from the hot water and roughly chop.
In a food processor, combine the mint, parsley, cilantro, vinegar, lemon zest and juice, garlic, adobo sauce, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, red pepper, remaining tablespoon honey and olive oil and pulse until finely chopped. Add the rehydrated apricots and pulse until the consistency resembles a thick chunky sauce. Cover and store in the refrigerator to allow flavors to come together and serve with grilled meats.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.