Cabo Wabo Cocktail
- 1 mango, peeled, pit removed, cut into 2 pieces
- 4 fresh pineapple rings, core removed
- 3/4 cup simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water heated until the sugar dissolves)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, about 3
- 4 ounces tequila (recommended: Cabo Wabo)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Pineapple wedges for garnish
Preheat grill to high. Place mango and pineapple on grill, cook for 2 minutes, turn over and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from grill to a cutting board and let cool. Roughly chop the fruit and put in large glass or cocktail shaker with 1/2 cup of ice, muddle, and add simple syrup, lime juice and tequila. Shake or stir to combine.
Combine chili powder and kosher salt on a small plate. Rub the rims of 2 serving glasses with pineapple wedge, and coat the rims with the chili powder/salt. Fill each glass 3/4 full with ice and pour in cocktail mixture.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.