- 1 1/2 cups 1/4-inch diced pancetta
- 5 organic large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound bucatini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In a medium saute pan over medium heat, cook the pancetta until tender-crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Reserve the pan with the drippings.
Separate 4 of the eggs and set the yolks aside. Discard the 4 whites. Crack the fifth egg and add it to the yolks.
Add the egg mixture into the pasta and toss well with tongs for about 1 minute. Add the reserved pasta water to the bowl in 1/4 cup increments, combining and adding until desired sauce consistency is reached. Add the parsley and gently combine and place into a serving dish.
Garnish with the reserved pancetta.
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri