- Kosher salt
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced Anaheim chile pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 8 ounces corned beef, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Freshly ground pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, sour cream and sliced scallions, for topping
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 teaspoon salt. Add the potatoes and cook until almost fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion, chile pepper, bell pepper and corned beef and saute until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and paprika and season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes, then remove the mixture from the pan and keep hot.
Add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and the potatoes to the same pan. Cook, turning occasionally, until crispy on all sides, about 12 minutes. Add the corned beef mixture and combine thoroughly, being careful to not break the potatoes.
Serve the home fries topped with cheese, avocado, sour cream and scallions.
Photograph by Kang Kim