Crunchy Kale Salad with Walnuts and Pecorino
- 4 cups finely julienned kale, cleaned and stems removed
- 2 cups finely julienned radicchio, cleaned and core removed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and 1 teaspoon zest
- 1/2 cup shaved Pecorino Romano, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
Toss the kale and radicchio with about half of the oil, lemon juice and zest in a large glass mixing bowl. Let stand about 2 minutes. Add the Pecorino, currants, basil and the remaining oil, lemon juice and zest. Thoroughly mix. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Fold in the walnuts just before serving and top the salad with a pile of Pecorino.
Alton's Breakfast Carrot Cake(00:03:17)
How to Make 'Whoopeeps'(00:02:18)
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri