Garden of Good and Evil Bulgogi
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups cooked short-grain rice
- 8 outer whole leaves from head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced to equal 3 tablespoons
- 2 jalepenos, thinly sliced to equal 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark miso paste
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
Wrap pork tenderloin in plastic wrap, and place in freezer until firm but not frozen, about 20 minutes. Remove plastic and slice very thin.
In a medium nonmetallic bowl, whisk together seasoned salt, soy sauce and black pepper. Add pork slices and let marinate for 5 minutes. Heat a large saute pan on high. Add oil and cook pork until cooked through, 3 minutes. Remove to a platter with rice and lettuce cups.
In a small bowl mix together onions, rice wine vinegar, and chili flakes. Set aside.
In assembly-line fashion, lay out in separate bowls on a platter, the onion marinade, sliced garlic, sliced jalepeno, Sriracha sauce, miso paste and cabbage.
To serve, place onto a lettuce leaf, 1/2 teaspoon of sriracha, 1/2 teaspoon miso paste, 3 pieces of pork, 3 tablespoons of rice, 2 slices of garlic and jalapeno, 2 tablespoons of cabbage, and 1 teaspoon of green onions with rice wine vinegar. Roll up. Repeat with remaining lettuce leaves.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.