Grilled Tequila Garlic Lime Flank Steak
- 1 cup roughly chopped garlic (about 3 bulbs)
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 8 large limes)
- 1/2 cup clear tequila
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch roughly chopped fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak
- 12 corn tortillas, wrapped in foil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch radishes, cleaned, ends cut and sliced
- 1/3 cup grated queso fresco cheese
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded and sliced
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced in wedges
- Hot sauce, for serving
Combine the garlic, lime juice, tequila, soy sauce, cilantro, peppers, cumin and black pepper in a resealable plastic gallon bag. Add the steak and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove from the refrigerator, and let marinate at room temperature another 30 to 45 minutes.
Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Put the marinade in small saucepot and bring to a boil. Then strain and reserve.
Put the tortillas on the corner of the grill and flip the package a few times to heat through while the steak is cooking
Place the steak on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes, turn 180 degrees, and cook for 3 minutes more (to create cross grill marks). Flip over and finish cooking for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and let rest, lightly covered, for 5 minutes.
Slice against the grain, and serve immediately with the reserved marinade, garnishes, tortillas and hot sauce.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cilantro-Tequila Marinated and Grilled Flank Steak with Peppers, Guacamole and Chipotle Mayonnaise, Grilled Flank Steak with Shallot and Red Wine Sauce, Grilled Marinated Flank Steaks, London Broil Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Easy Shrimp, Easy Casserole, Easy Appetizer Recipes, For a Family
Thank you! your flag was submitted.