Japanese Eggplants with Sriracha Shrimp
- 4 small Japanese eggplants (about 6 inches)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp (21 to 25 count) cleaned, deveined and diced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 cup seeded and 1/4-inch diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced snow peas
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Wash and dry the eggplant, then cut lengthwise in half. With a paring knife, slightly core out some of the seeded area. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and put on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Sriracha, sweet chili sauce, lime zest and lime juice. Set aside.
After the eggplants have roasted, carefully fill them with the shrimp mixture. Put them back in the oven until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse