Long Beach Coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, cleaned and cut into 1/8-inch, julienned
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces red wine vinegar
- 2 Iceberg lettuce heads, cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 -ounces blue cheese dressing, thick and chunky
In medium saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, do not let brown. Add cabbage, pepper, salt, and vinegar. Mix thoroughly, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until cabbage is tender. Remove to abowl and let chill in refrigerator until cool.
Strain cabbage mixture of any liquid and lightly mix with Iceberg and blue cheese dressing. Add pepper, to taste.
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri