- 1 (2 1/2 to 3-pound) chicken
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Marinade, recipe follows
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mojito Glaze, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Combine all the dry spices and rub chicken with spice mixture, especially under the skin. Put into a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade, then add chicken to marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess marinade. In a large saute pan over medium to high heat, add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. When oil is hot, place chicken skin side down and sear.
When skin is golden brown flip chicken and add 1/2 cup of marinade into pan; place pan in oven and cook the chicken for 25 minutes or until chicken has internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.