Roasted Pineapple and Pepper Salsa
- 1/2 pineapple, cored, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 mango, deseeded and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 Anaheim chile, roasted, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, roasted, seeded and diced
Heat grill or grill pan to high.
Place pineapple and mango on grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until desired grill marks are achieved. Let cool and dice.
In a medium mixing bowl combine honey, lime juice, cilantro and season, to taste, with salt. Add remaining ingredients and toss. Let sit for 1 hour before serving.
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali