Stir-Fry in a Bun
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 pound top sirloin, slightly frozen, then cut into 1/4-inch slices, cut against the grain
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut on the bias into 1/4-inch pieces, approximately 1 cup
- 3 celery stalks, cut on the bias into 1/4-inch pieces, approximately 1 cup
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips, approximately 1 cup
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, approximately 1 cup
- 1/4 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Cornstarch slurry (mix 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch with 1/2 teaspoon water)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 package Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls (12 to 16 rolls)
- 1/2 bunch green onions, julienned for garnish
In a large saute pan, or wok, add oil over high heat. Add in garlic and ginger, cook for 10 to 15 seconds. Add sirloin and saute, stirring frequently until just cooked through, approximately 1 minute. Stir in carrots, celery, red bell peppers and red onions sauteing briefly, 1 minute. Add in sake to deglaze, then add in soy, hoisin and cornstarch slurry. Continue to stir on high heat for about 30 seconds. Stir in bean sprouts and sesame oil to combine and remove from heat.
Steam or heat rolls in a warm 250 degree F oven, tightly wrapped in foil for 8 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.