Summer Veggie Kebabs
- 4 baby bell peppers
- 2 large shallots, peeled, halved
- 1 chayote squash, seeded, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 flat metal skewers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Carefully arrange the prepared vegetables onto skewers, and put them on a baking sheet. Combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, agave and lemon juice in a small bowl. Brush the marinade on the kebabs and let marinate for 15 minutes.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Put the skewers on the grill and cook on all sides, about 6 minutes total. Arrange the skewers on a serving platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri