Wicked Pork with Greens and Fettuccine
- For the Pork:
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 cup seeded and roughly chopped jalapenos
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) pork loin
- For the Greens:
- Reserved marinade from above
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced baby bok choy (cut lengthwise into fourths)
- 1 1/2 cups cored and thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- For the pasta:
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
To make the marinade for the pork: In a food processor, blend garlic and ginger by pulsing 3 times. Add in jalapeno and red bell pepper, pulse 3 times. Add in remaining ingredients except pork, pulse 3 to 5 times to blend well, but not liquefy. Season, to taste. Remove 1 1/2 cups of marinade and set aside. Place pork in a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove pork from refrigerator while oven is preheating, drain off excess marinade and discard. Place pork in a roasting pan fitted with a rack and cook until the internal temperature registers 160 degrees F, on an instant-read thermometer, approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, to make the greens: In a medium, non reactive bowl, whisk together reserved marinade, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, red pepper flakes and slowly whisk in oil. Add half of the vinaigrette to a large bowl with the bok choy, cabbage and green onions and toss to combine. Cover and set aside. Reserve the other half of the vinaigrette.
Cook pasta al dente according to directions, add in olive oil and soy, toss to combine.
Remove pork from oven and let rest covered loosely for 10 minutes. Slice thin.
For final assembly: Arrange pasta on a large platter and top with sliced pork and prepared vegetables. Drizzle entire dish with about 1/3 cup of the reserved vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.