- 6 (6-ounce) packages fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons framboise liqueur
- 2 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 (3-inch) bakery meringue shells, broken in pieces
Pour 3 packages of the raspberries, 1 1/2 cups of the sugar, and the lemon juice into a 10-inch saute pan. Crush the berries lightly with a fork and bring the mixture to a full boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is syrupy. Fold the remaining 3 packages of raspberries and the framboise into the hot mixture and refrigerate until very cold.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream, the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, and the vanilla together on medium-high speed until it forms firm peaks.
In decorative glasses, layer a spoonful of the whipped cream, a spoonful of the raspberry mixture, and then a few meringue pieces. Repeat once or twice, depending on the size of the glasses, until the glasses are full, ending with berries and a dollop of cream. Serve immediately or chill for an hour, until ready to serve.
2010, Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That?, All Rights Reserved (quantities changed for television)