- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 7 ounces good white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur (recommended: Baileys)
- 1/2 teaspoon good vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 6 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate, chopped
Place the cream in a heat-proof bowl, and set the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cook until heated through. Using a wire whisk, slowly stir the white chocolate into the warm cream until completely melted. Whisk in the liqueur and vanilla. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until pliable but firm enough to scoop.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
With 2 teaspoons or a 1 1/4-inch ice cream scoop, make dollops of the chocolate mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, until firm enough to roll into rough spheres.
Melt the bittersweet chocolate in a heat-proof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water.
Drizzle the melted bittersweet chocolate over 10 of the truffles. Roll the remaining truffles in the chopped nuts. Chill until ready to serve.