Golden Sunshine Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, homemade or canned low-sodium broth
- 4 scallions, light and white green part only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve and rinse under cold water until the water runs clear. Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the quinoa and return to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer the quinoa until it has expanded fully, about 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
Place the cooled quinoa in a large bowl. Add the scallions, raisins, rice vinegar, orange juice and zest, olive oil, cumin, cucumber and parsley and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, then serve.
Recipe courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay