- 2 cups chicken stock, warm
- 2 poblano chile peppers
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup medium or long-grain white rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, white and pale green parts only, sliced, optional
In a blender combine, warm chicken stock, poblano peppers, cilantro and 1 teaspoon salt.
Blend until smooth.
In medium saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add rice and garlic and stir for another minute. Add chili puree, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cooking until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat, fluff with a fork. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann, 2008