Jalapeno Poppers with Pheasant
- 20 jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil flakes
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons dry rub pepper (recommended: Harley's)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (3-pound) pheasant, cooked, bones removed
- 1 package thinly sliced bacon
- Skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
Wash peppers and slice in half cross ways and remove the seeds. Mix cream cheese with herbs, spices and green onions. Slice the pheasant thinly. Stuff the jalapenos loosely with the cheese mixture and sliced pheasant. Wrap peppers with 1/2 slice of bacon. Place 4 pepper halves on a skewer and grill until done, about 8 minutes.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.