This is a really nice fresh salad/relish and is very simple to make. It goes especially well with Fragrant Green Chicken Curry.
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered or roughly chopped
- 1/2 fresh coconut, grated or shaved
- 1 small handful of basil, or coriander, roughly chopped
- 6 inches cucumber, skinned, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1 thinly sliced red chili (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 or 2 limes, juiced
Put the tomatoes, coconut, basil, cucumbers and chili, if using, into a bowl and toss. Just before serving, toss in the olive oil, salt, pepper and lime juice to taste.