Buttery Lobster Rolls For Your Baby
- Two 1 1/2-pound lobsters
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced plus 1 wedged for garnish
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 New England split-top rolls, or potato hot dog buns
- Salted butter, softened to toast buns
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, for garnish
Steam the lobster in 2 inches of boiling water until bright pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately shock in an ice bath, and then remove the tail and claw meat. Chop and reserve.
Brush the outside of each roll with some butter and griddle or toast until golden brown. Fill each roll with the lobster salad and garnish with the chives. Serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro