- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 8 slices Pullman loaf, sliced into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup good raspberry preserves
- 2 bananas, sliced thin on the bias
- 2 cups plain potato chips with ridges
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cinnamon square cereal, crushed by hand in a re-sealable plastic bag
Spread some peanut butter on 4 slices of bread. Then spread some raspberry preserves on the other slices. Add some sliced bananas and a nice pile of chips on top and sandwich the two pieces of bread together. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and melt 2 tablespoons butter. Dip the sandwich in the egg, then the cinnamon cereal, pressing down to make sure the cereal adheres. Repeat with the other side.
In batches, fry the sandwiches on each side, low and slow until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and add more butter to the skillet and fry the other sandwiches.
Remove from the skillet, cut in half on the diagonal and serve.