Garbage Salad and Champagne Vinaigrette
- Champagne Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 clove garlic, grated
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 head romaine, cut into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 8 white button mushrooms, rough chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 stalk celery, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles (1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces deli sliced turkey breast, roughly chopped
- 2 to 4 anchovies packed in oil, whole
- Pepperoncini, to garnish
- Anything else that looks tasty in the fridge: throw it in!
For the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, parsley, mustard, oregano, thyme and garlic. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and you're ready to rock.
For the salad: Toss together the iceberg, romaine, mushrooms, carrots, celery, cheese and turkey in a large bowl, and place in the refrigerator until ready. Before serving, put a healthy amount of dressing, mix well and top with the anchovies and pepperoncini...you just cleaned your fridge!
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro
Recipe courtesy of Geoffrey Zakarian