Mom's Mashed Potatoes a La King
- 4 pounds Idaho russet potatoes (about 5 potatoes), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound celery root, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 2 sticks butter, 1 softened and 1 melted, plus more for greasing
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half, warmed
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh minced chives
Add the potatoes, celery root and 1 tablespoon salt to a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and celery root.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
Whip together the cream cheese and softened butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until thoroughly blended, about 2 minutes. Add the hot potatoes and celery root slowly, alternating with the half-and-half. Whip until blended. Sprinkle with salt and stir in the horseradish, garlic powder and white pepper.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Yogurt Mashed Potatoes With Chipotle Peppers, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Shallots, Mashed Potatoes with Crispy Fried Shallots, Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes, Potato Casserole Recipes, Red Potato, Potato Soup Recipes, Roasted Potato Recipes, Mashed Potato Recipes, Fries Recipes