- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 18 round mini dessert shortcake shells
- 1 quart mixed berries (raspberries,blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
Using a hand mixer, whisk together the cream, sugar and vanilla paste until stiff peaks. Set aside and keep chilled until ready to use.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Wipe the grill with a thin layer of butter soaked into a paper towel. Grill the cake shells on each side until dark grill marks are achieved, about 1 minute per side. Set aside to cool.
Into the well of each grilled cake, place a nice dollop of the whipped cream. Then place berries on top of the cream, place another cake on top and sandwich the two together. Add a berry (or two) to a skewer and then skewer the sandwich together. Eat with your pinkies up.