John Dory Oyster Bar Oyster Pan Roast with Uni Butter Crostini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 clove minced
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 12 oysters, such as Wellfleet, shucked,
- 1/4 cup oyster liquor reserved (this is the residual liquid from the oyster once you open the shell)
- 3/4 cup fish stock or water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 1 ounce uni tongues ( sea urchin roe)
- 2 ounces softened butter
- Pinch of tarragon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 slices French bread, toasted and rubbed with raw garlic clove
In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion and minced garlic; cook over moderate heat until softened, 5 minutes. Add the vermouth; boil over moderately high heat until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the oyster liquor and fish stock and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the cream and simmer over moderate heat until the sauce coats a spoon, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice; season with salt.
Meanwhile whisk the uni tongues and softened butter together to make the Uni Butter.
Add the oysters to the sauce with a little oyster liquid and butter. Add the tarragon and remaining lemon juice and cook over moderately low heat until warmed through, 2 minutes.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay