John Dory Oyster Bar Oyster Pan Roast with Uni Butter Crostini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 clove minced
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 12 oysters, such as Wellfleet, shucked,
- 1/4 cup oyster liquor reserved (this is the residual liquid from the oyster once you open the shell)
- 3/4 cup fish stock or water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 1 ounce uni tongues ( sea urchin roe)
- 2 ounces softened butter
- Pinch of tarragon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 slices French bread, toasted and rubbed with raw garlic clove
In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onion and minced garlic; cook over moderate heat until softened, 5 minutes. Add the vermouth; boil over moderately high heat until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the oyster liquor and fish stock and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the cream and simmer over moderate heat until the sauce coats a spoon, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice; season with salt.
Meanwhile whisk the uni tongues and softened butter together to make the Uni Butter.
Add the oysters to the sauce with a little oyster liquid and butter. Add the tarragon and remaining lemon juice and cook over moderately low heat until warmed through, 2 minutes.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
2013, April Bloomfield, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse