Lavander Panna Cotta:
- 4 gelatin sheets
- 1 cup ice water
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 3 tablespoons toasted dry lavender
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch vanilla salt
- Peaches and Wine, recipe follows
- 4 Almond Maple Bacon Florentines, recipe follows
Place gelatin sheets in ice water and allow to bloom, about 3 to 5 minutes. In a saucepot over medium heat, add cream, sugar, vanilla bean and seeds, lavender and vanilla extract and bring to a boil, whisking regularly. Whisk in gelatin to dissolve and season with vanilla salt. Strain through a chinois and pour into desired mold. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Unmold and serve cold. Serve with Peaches and Wine and Florentine cookies.
Peaches and Wine:
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 star anise
- 3 ripe Georgia peaches, peeled and sliced
Place all ingredients except peaches into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer. Reduce by 2/3 or until mixture becomes a syrup, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer into another container. Let cool. Add in sliced peaches.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Almond- Maple-Bacon Florentine:
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ounces maple syrup
- 2 ounces blanched sliced almonds
- 2 ounces crispy rendered bacon, finely crumbled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients together in an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Form into small balls and bake on a silpat-fitted baking sheet for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool to warm. Remove from silpat and form into desired shape.
Yield: 4 to 6 Florentines
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes