Linguine alle Vongole
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds cherrystone clams, scrubbed
- 1 cup chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 small dried hot chiles (1-inch) or 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 14 ounces dried thin linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a deep 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute pancetta, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and saute, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds.
Stir in clams, broth, wine, and chiles and boil, covered until clams open, about 4 to 5 minutes (discard any clams that do not open after 6 minutes). If using whole chiles, remove with a slotted spoon and discard.
While clams are cooking, cook pasta in a 6-quart pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente. Drain in a colander, then add to clams and simmer, stirring, 30 seconds.
Toss pasta with parsley and drizzle with remaining 5 tablespoons oil.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.