- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
Whisk together the oil, vinegar, basil, onion, salt, peppercorns, and garlic in a bowl. Transfer the marinade to a gallon-sized sealable plastic bag with the chicken and shake to combine. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 12 hours.
When ready to cook, build a charcoal fire or preheat gas grill.
Remove chicken from the marinade. Grill the chicken, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a platter and garnish with the basil sprigs.