Mambo Chicken with Mango Salsa
- 8 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (or 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Mango Salsa:
- 2 mangos, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 to 2 jalapeno chilies, seeds and membranes removed, minced
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, stems discarded, coarsely chopped
Rinse the chicken thoroughly under cold running water. Pat dry with a paper towel. In an oven-proof baking dish combine the remaining ingredients. Add the chicken and turn several times to mix the ingredients.
Cover with aluminum foil and marinate for 2 to 4 hours in refrigerator.
Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork. Reserve.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Transfer covered baking dish to oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked throughout.
To serve, spoon a generous serving of salsa onto plate and top with 2 thighs.
Recipe courtesy of Bob Blumer