Mango Chutney Curd:
- 8 ounces egg yolks (about 8 large egg yolks)
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 8 ounces mango chutney, divided
- 4 ounces mango nectar
- 6 to 8 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into chunks
- 1 ripe Alphonso or Champagne mango, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 whole large eggs plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup mango juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup mango nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Whipped Cream, recipe follows
- Dried Mango Star Garnish, recipe follows
For the mango chutney curd: Put a small pot filled with 1-inch of water on the stovetop to boil.
In a medium stainless steel bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until combined. Add 4 ounces of the mango chutney and the mango nectar. Whisk until combined. Place the bowl on top of the pot of boiling water. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Whisk continuously until the mixture reduces and thickens to the consistency of sour cream, 10 to 20 minutes.
Take the mixture off the stove. Add the butter and whisk until the butter is fully incorporated. Fold in remaining 4 ounces mango chutney and the mango chunks into the curd and allow to cool before filling the cupcakes.
For the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line tins with 24 muffin cups.
In a small saucepan, heat the butter on low until just melted. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, coriander and salt. Add the sugars and whisk until all the dry ingredients are combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and egg white until lightly beaten. Mix in the milk, mango juice concentrate, mango nectar and vanilla. Gradually add the wet ingredients into the dry, whisking until just combined.
Scoop 1/2 cup batter into the saucepan of melted butter. Stir until combined. Add the oil and continue to mix until all are incorporated. Pour back into the large bowl of batter. Fold in until incorporated.
Bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake, 18 to 22 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then remove to a cooling rack until completely cool.
Hollow out 1/2-inch of the center of the cupcake with a corer or paring knife. Fill with the mango chutney curd. Top with a dollop of Sweetened Condensed Milk Whipped Cream and a Dried Mango Star Garnish.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Sweetened Condensed Milk Whipped Cream:
- 4 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch salt
In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
Turn the mixer to low speed and slowly pour in the condensed milk. Add the salt. Mix until firm peaks form. Do not over-mix.
Mango Star Garnish:
- 1 package sweetened dried mango