Baked Cheese with Chorizo
- Vegetable oil, for oiling the baking dish
- 6 ounces chorizo or spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups grated Oaxaca or mozzarella cheese
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Oil a 3 or 4 cup ovenproof baking dish.
In a dry medium skillet, saute the chorizo over medium-high heat until almost crisp. Remove the chorizo to a plate. Add the onion and garlic to the pan juices and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Return the chorizo to the skillet with the onions and garlic and stir to combine.
Put 1/2 of cheese in the baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 of the chorizo mixture. Repeat with the remaining cheese and chorizo mixture. Bake until the cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Serve with flour tortillas for soft tacos.
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid