- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canned adobo sauce (from chipotle chiles in adobo)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper (from about 1/2 bell pepper)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 pound cooked Dungeness crab meat, picked
- 4 avocados, peeled, pitted
Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, adobo sauce, ketchup and lime juice together in a large bowl. Season with some salt and pepper. Fold in the bell peppers and chopped cilantro. Then fold in the crab.
Cut a thin slice off the rounded side of the avocadoes so that they sit flat on a plate. Place the avocado halves, flat-side down, on a platter. Fill the cavities with the crab mixture, dividing equally. Garnish with a cilantro sprig. Serve cold.
Recipe courtesy Marcela Valladolid
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman