Scallop and Shrimp Cocktail
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound jumbo sea scallops (6 to 8)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup clam-tomato juice (such as Clamato)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon seeded and finely chopped serrano chile pepper 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Saltines or tortilla chips, for serving
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the scallops, reduce the heat and poach gently for about 2 minutes. Drain well and chill at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
Stir together the onion, clam-tomato juice, ketchup, lime juice, cilantro, serrano chile and hot sauce in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Quarter the scallops. Add the scallops and shrimp to the sauce and stir gently to combine. Divide among 4 glasses or bowls. Serve with saltines or chips.
Photograph by Kat Teutsch
Thank you! your flag was submitted.