- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- One 20-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Ice cream, for serving
- Chocolate sauce, for serving
Melt the butter and sugar in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Increase the heat to high. Add the pineapple and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and coated in caramel, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the vanilla and salt. Divide the pineapple sauce among 4 sundae dishes. Top each dish with 1 scoop of ice cream and some chocolate sauce.