Mediterranean Summer Pasta with Salsa Cruda
- 1/2 cup flavorful pitted olives, lightly chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- Parmesan, for grating
In a large pasta serving bowl, mix together the olives, tomatoes, mint, capers, garlic, red pepper flakes, orange zest and olive oil. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Stir and lightly press the ingredients with the back of the spoon to incorporate flavors. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, or up to a day.
Just before serving, cook the angel hair pasta in salted boiling water according to package instructions. Remove the garlic clove from the pasta sauce. Drain the pasta and while still steaming hot, place the pasta on top of the cold sauce. Let sit for a minute before tossing the pasta. Top with grated Parmesan and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Nikki Dinki