Sesame and Peanut Noodles
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 12 ounces linguine
- Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/3 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped skinless roasted peanuts, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the sesame seeds in a pie tin and toast in the oven until light golden in color, 4 to 6 minutes, and set aside. Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente. Do not overcook. Drain, reserving some of the starchy pasta water, rinse and set aside.
For the peanut dressing: Place the peanut butter in a large measuring cup and microwave to soften, 15 seconds. Whisk in with the soy sauce, vinegar, canola oil, ginger, honey, Sriracha, sesame oil and lime zest and juice in a small bowl. Thin with the starchy pasta water if needed, 1 tablespoon at a time. (Dressing should be thick, but pourable.)
For the salad: Place the pasta in a large mixing bowl and add the cilantro and vegetables and toss with the dressing. Top with the chopped peanuts and toasted sesame seeds and serve.