- Bloody Bull:
- Fennel Spice Rub, recipe follows, or your favorite spice rub
- 6 chilled beers
- 4 cups Bloody Bull Mix, recipe follows
- Fennel Spice Rub:
- 1 cup fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- Bloody Bull Mix:
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 scallion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno (with seeds), stemmed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- Grey salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsTo make Bloody Bull:
Rub pre-chilled glass rims in bowl of fennel spice rub or your favorite spice rub. Pour a beer in each glass, top with bull mix. Stir with a spoon and serve.To make Fennel Spice Rub:
Put the fennel seeds, coriander seeds, and peppercorns in a heavy pan over medium heat. Watch carefully, tossing frequently so the seeds toast evenly. When light brown and fragrant, pour the seeds onto a plate to cool. They must be cool before grinding, or they will gum up the blades.
Pour the seeds into a blender and add the salt. Blend to a fine powder, shaking the blender occasionally to redistribute the seeds. Store in a tightly sealed glass jar in a cool, dry place, or freeze.To make Bloody Bull Mix:
Combine tomato juice, scallion jalapeno, horseradish, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour in a pitcher and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.