- 2 pieces provolone cheese (about 1 1/2-pounds total)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley leaves
- Grey salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prepare a charcoal or gas grill.
Rub the pieces of provolone all over with the olive oil and season with the rest of the ingredients. Let marinate refrigerated for 1 hour. Grill the cheese on the hot grill over moderately-high heat for about 2 minutes per side until grill marks appear and the cheese just begins to soften.
Transfer the cheese to a metal plate or baking dish on top of the grill. Cook until the cheese just barely starts to melt and begins to brown on the bottom, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Serve hot with crusty bread or grilled bread slices.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.