- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 cups plain fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup honey, plus more, for garnish
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- Whipped cream, for garnish
Brush 4 (1 1/2 cup) brioche tins with melted butter, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Put honey in a mixing bowl and set over a pot of steaming water; warm until it gets loose. Add the sugar and egg yolks to the honey, and whisk until frothy. Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in remaining 1 3/4 cups bread crumbs and hazelnuts.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter.
Place mixture into the brioche tins and bake for 45 minutes.