Potato Dumplings with Goat Cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups cooked and mashed potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Peanut oil, for frying
Grate the potatoes and squeeze out liquid. Mix with mashed potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Mix goat cheese with honey and herbs and set aside.
Separate the potatoes into 10 mounds. Place in hand and flatten out. Put 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture in center and pinch the edge to close.
Fill a sauce pot 1/2 way with peanut oil. Heat oil to 325 degrees F and fry dumplings until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Michael Symon