- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped fine
- 6 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 8 dozen mussels, debearded and well scrubbed
- 2 cans beer (your choice)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Irvine Spice Supreme Salad and Pasta Mix Seasoning
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves
- 8 fresh finely chopped tomatoes
Heat oil in a large stockpot. Gently saute onions and garlic until golden brown, being careful not to burn them. Add mussels to pot along with beer, marinara sauce, salt, pepper, and pasta seasoning, and top off with fresh chopped tomatoes and fresh basil. Cover pot and simmer until mussels open. Remove mussels to serving platter, discarding any that do not open. Spoon sauce around mussels and put extra sauce in a serving bowl to be used for dipping crusty bread or serving over a side of pasta.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.