New York Strip Steak with Spicy Coffee Rub
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound double New York strip steak
- For the rub:
- 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon apricot salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon regular salt
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon coffee grounds
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
Apply the olive oil to the entire steak and then sprinkle the rub onto the meat. Allow the flavors to develop for 2 hours.
Heat coals on a grill. When the coals are hot, move them to one side of the grill. Sear the steak for 2 minutes on each side over the coals. Move the steak to the cool part of the grill and cook with the lid on for 20 minutes.
Rest the steak for 10 minutes before slicing.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted New York Strip Steak with Port Wine Mustard Sauce, Grilled New York Strip Steak with Beer and Molasses Steak Sauce, Grilled New York Strip Steak with Fire Roasted Salsa and Grilled Mushrooms and Asparagus, Roast Beef Recipes, London Broil Recipes, Grilling Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Prime Rib Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes