- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 pound linguini
Goat Cheese Balls:
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for finishing, optional
For the pasta: In a large saute pan, saute the garlic in the olive oil until tender and fragrant. Add the cherry tomatoes, season with salt and cook until the tomatoes start to burst. Squash the tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
Add the rosemary, thyme and cheese and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Cook the pasta according to package instructions, reserving the pasta water. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss. Add some salt and extra pasta water if needed.
Served the pasta topped with the basil, mint and goat cheese balls. Finish with olive oil if desired.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.