- 12 ounce salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- Coarse-grained salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted Almond Parsley Salsa, for serving
- Baked squash, for serving, optional
- Toasted Almond Parsley Salad:
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Coarse grain salt
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle. Bake until salmon is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with the Toasted Almond Parsley Salad and squash, if desired.Toasted Almond Parsley Salad:
Mince the shallot and add to a small bowl. Pour the vinegar over the shallots and add a pinch of salt. Let sit for 30 minutes.
Roughly chop the capers, parsley and almonds and add to the shallots. Add the olive oil, tasting as you go. Mix again and adjust the seasonings.
Recipe courtesy of Kathleen Daelemans
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller