Parmigiano Sformato with Piquillo Peppers and Almonds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 jar piquillo peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 cups arugula or mesclun
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Special equipment: 8 (6-ounce) ramekins or disposable aluminum cups
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Spray the ramekins or disposable aluminum cups with nonstick spray.
To a medium bowl, add the heavy cream, eggs and Parmigiano and whisk to combine. Season with salt and cayenne. Divide the egg, cream, cheese mixture between the ramekins. Place the filled ramekins in a baking dish and fill halfway with hot tap water. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on racks.
Place the cooled sformato in a warm oven for 10 minutes to reheat.
While the sformato is reheating toss the peppers and almonds with the greens and a sprinkle of oil, vinegar and salt. Arrange some of the pepper mixture on individual serving plates. Unmold the sformati on the serving plate and arrange the peppers against the sformato. Drizzle with olive oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.