Green Salad with Homemade French Dressing
- Green Salad:
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 European-style cucumber, sliced into half moons
- One 4-ounce log goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- French Dressing:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the green salad: Mix the celery, cucumber, goat cheese, lettuces and tomatoes in a large bowl.
For the French dressing: Combine the ketchup, vinegar, sour cream, mustard, Worcestershire, paprika, cayenne and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the oil slowly while whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss the salad with the French dressing and serve.
Recipe courtesy The Neelys