Green Salad with Homemade French Dressing
- Green Salad:
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 European-style cucumber, sliced into half moons
- One 4-ounce log goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- French Dressing:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the green salad: Mix the celery, cucumber, goat cheese, lettuces and tomatoes in a large bowl.
For the French dressing: Combine the ketchup, vinegar, sour cream, mustard, Worcestershire, paprika, cayenne and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the oil slowly while whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss the salad with the French dressing and serve.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine