- 1 pound ziti
- 1 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces pesto
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 (9-ounce) package washed spinach
- Butter, for baking dish
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large skillet over medium heat, saute turkey sausage. Add onion and garlic and saute until the sausage is cooked through. Use your spoon to break up the sausage while it cooks. Add the can of diced tomatoes and pesto and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Bake until completely heated through and golden and crisp on top, about 20 minutes.