Poisson Cru with Coconut Milk and Lime
- 1 pound fresh yellowfin tuna, cut into about 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Sea salt
- 1 cup fresh coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peeled and 2-inch-diced carrots
- 1/4 cup peeled, seeded and 2-inch-diced cucumber
- 2 tomatoes peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch dice, or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion
In a bowl, combine the tuna, lemon juice and some salt and let marinate for 5 minutes. Drain the lemon juice and add the coconut milk, carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes to the bowl. Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a bowl (or half fresh coconut shell if possible) add the scallions on top.
Warning: Consumption of raw or undercooked shellfish may substantially increase the risk of foodborne illness.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Executive Chef Nicolas Boutin of Four Seasons Bora Bora