Poisson Cru with Coconut Milk and Lime
- 1 pound fresh yellowfin tuna, cut into about 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Sea salt
- 1 cup fresh coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peeled and 2-inch-diced carrots
- 1/4 cup peeled, seeded and 2-inch-diced cucumber
- 2 tomatoes peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch dice, or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion
In a bowl, combine the tuna, lemon juice and some salt and let marinate for 5 minutes. Drain the lemon juice and add the coconut milk, carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes to the bowl. Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a bowl (or half fresh coconut shell if possible) add the scallions on top.
Warning: Consumption of raw or undercooked shellfish may substantially increase the risk of foodborne illness.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.